As a self-service platform, Merchant Portal allows you to void or refund payment when such need arises. The action can be performed under Payment Detailed view by clicking the button VOID or REFUND. Information about performed action will be then automatically forwarded to your bank who does the required actions on their side. Void and Refund actions can not be reversed.
The difference between void and refund is that:
- the void can be done before payment has captured/finalised
- the refund can be done for already settled payment
- void transaction reverses an authorised payment that has not been captured yet
- by default, all payments performed during the day (between 0:00 and 23:59 UTC+2) are automatically captured by EveryPay past midnight
- like authorisation, the void is also an online request to issuer bank that cancels previous authorisation and the funds that got blocked within authorisation will be released
- voided transaction does not go through the settlement – merchant does not receive money for that transaction and cardholder is not debited for the transaction
- voiding a payment is a useful tool for mitigating risks in case fraudulent transactions
- after the payment has been captured and settled but needs to be returned to cardholder this can be performed with refund transaction
- payment can be refunded in full or partial amount
- always use refunding a card transaction when initial payment was done with a card. This eliminates unnecessary disputes (chargebacks) as the original transaction and refund can be linked
When will customer receive a refund?
We are capturing all refunds at 23:59 UTC+2, then we are sending information to the issuer bank. If the customer wants to get more information about the refund, he should contact his bank.