Creating a template
In order to send LinkPay links to customers to pay it is necessary to define a set of payment details to be associated with the link. In order to do so, it is reasonable to create a LinkPay Template first. Creating a Template is optional, however, LinkPay Template is a useful feature allowing to define one generic model per a specific use-case with required and custom fields as well as to give the check-out page the desired design. All this info saved as a Template can be further used as a framework for several different links that hold the same scenario but might just require different language on the checkout page or some different currency for example.
- Template allows to define all the fields that should be visible for the customer, and also define whether the field can be changed or filled in by the customer while making the payment.
- Additionally to standard fields like company name, transaction amount, invoice number or customer data also any other information can be added as read-only or asked from customer to fill in on custom fields.
- order reference field can be pre-filled by the merchant to link the payment with the order data in its system. If not defined, the reference will be automatically generated by EveryPay system. The order reference value will be presented also on receipt displayed (and mailed) to customer.
- Field name and language can be set by the Merchant that best fits its use-case. The defined language will be used on LinkPay page footer, on the payment page and for displaying the error message if needed and to compose a receipt for the customer.
- To get the LinkPay form to have a visual design more natural to Merchant brand a company’s logo or banner can be used on the LinkPay page. Supported files are: jpg, jpeg, png, gif.
- A custom text on the Button can be used if needed.
- Required field indicates whether the field is mandatory to be filled in by customer or not.
Creating a link
- after having designed a Template you can now create the specific link using the Template data defined beforehand. Go to LINKPAY -> Links -> Add link
- define a Link name
- choose template dropdown gives you the list of previously created templates
- define the Processing account to indicate the currency you want the payments to be processed with
- the values defined within Template can be overwritten if needed
- any changes made on Link attributes or settings does not affect data defined on Template
Additionally, a new Link can be created also by itself, without using any predefined Templates. The logic and fields for creating the Link are the same as when creating the Template.
Creating Terms of Service for LinkPay
A Terms of Service message can be created:
● Go to LINKPAY -> Terms of service
A Terms of Service is the agreement that includes the terms, the rules and the guidelines of acceptable behaviour and other useful sections to which customer must agree in order to use or access Merchant website.
In order to create Terms of Service Agreement the following fields must be specified:
● Title (mandatory)
● External url – https://example.com
● Content- maximum 5000 characters
To create a Terms of Service Agreement Merchant can use:
● external URL or
● Content or
● external URL and Content
Please note customer needs to check the checkbox on the payment page before continuing to the checkout. If a customer doesn’t check the checkbox before clicking the checkout button, an error message will prevent them from continuing.
How to enable subscriptions for LinkPay?
LinkPay links can be tied to multiple Subscription Plans and Plans can have multiple Links (e.g. multi-language links for the same Plan).
The link language is stored together with the Subscription data, so that future communication with the user continues in correct language.
Creating a Link for Subscription is similar to creating a regular Link or Template, except one or more of the Subscriptions Plans must be selected from the dropdown.
To create a Subscription Link:
● Enable Subscription link checkbox (if not already pre-selected with the
● Pick one or more of the Subscription plans in the link creation/editing view, if it is not already preset by the template. The selected plan can be changed later
– this will affect only new subscriptions created through this link, all existing subscriptions will continue to use the Plan they were created with.
● Fields ‘Customer name’ and ‘Customer email’ must be always present for Subscription Links. This data is needed in order to tie the Plan to a Customer. The information can be viewed in Portal on Customers and Subscriptions page.
● Other fields can be defined as needed.
The created Subscription payment link allows the customer to sign up for the service and/or make the initial payment. Following payments are then initiated automatically by EveryPay system using the schedule and amount described in the Plan.